Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Obama Supporters Ask "Why?"

3 comments:

Brian said...

That is a great question...why? That question and the question of "What if..." have lead to so many discoveries and changes. Let's hope there is a reasonable explanation for these people in the video that ask Obama "Why?".

dworth said...

I am for choice in education and for vouchers as long as the schools receiving them are obliged to follow federal guide lines regarding discrimination, minimum standards, and certain curriculum matters.

That is a long discussion, but I don't want a private school, even if it is the best in a region, to be awarded federal or state money if it espouses Arianism, teaches that the world is only 6,OOO years old, refuses to accept Mormons or Muslims or whites or blacks, will not allow a gay kid to attend, forces anyone to take a religious class or listen to prayers everyday, refuses to become handicap accessible, teaches that blood transfusions are of the devil etc.

I am for vouchers, but not until the guide lines are set firmly.

Alan said...

That is a very reasonable position to take, but it appears the Washington D.C. program was stopped as a reward for the support of the teachers union - something I think these Obama supporters don't understand.