I find myself amused at the treatment Specter is getting from the Democrats.
It is reported that Specter has been stripped of his seniority and he will now be treated as the most junior senator. I saw the press conference where the Dems assured Specter that he could keep his seniority, but now that he has switched, Reid is treating him like dirt.
Specter started out as a Dem long ago, but switched parties to run for some office in Philadelphia. Congresspersons :) occasionally switch parties, but most do it for political opportunity rather than political conviction. Specter is an opportunist that the Republicans are glad to be rid of (despite public statements to the contrary), and it appears the Dems don't trust him either.
He has been put on the junior varsity squad, the B team, the 5th quarter squad, and I am amused to see it.
I think he will lose the next election, whether it be in the Democrat primary or in the general election. I think the voters will not be amused by his fickleness.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Agreed. I think he will lose as well. He will then be without party or votes. Steamrolled into history.
No tears from me. May there be a Democratic primary, may he lose to a real Democrat, and may the Democrat win that seat!
Post a Comment