Friday, June 5, 2009

We Missed The Second Coming!

We Christians must have missed the Second Coming. Newsweek report Evan Thomas reports on Hardball that He is already here.

THOMAS: ... Obama is 'we are above that now.' We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something - I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above - above the world, he's sort of God. He's-

MATTHEWS: Yeah.

THOMAS: He's going to bring all different sides together.

As Grandma Haacke used to say, "Good Lordy!"
When one is wandering around in left field looking up at Obama in the sky, one is bound to get beaned on the head with a fly ball. Maybe then Thomas will wake from his trance.

3 comments:

dworth said...

Obama has made a few negative comments about cable 'news' commentators citing specifically Chris Matthews and his habitual quests among whom he mentioned Pat Buchanan. He states that they all, the commentators and their guests, have roles on the programs that are formula. The president intimated that they therefore were not worthy of his time.

I am sure that his 'people' monitor everything that is said on every channel.

Alan said...

It is the formulaic mode that makes it difficult for me to watch the shows. I end up scanning the transcripts. That way, I don' have to suffer through commercials and other time-filling fluff. It saves me a lot of time and I can still keep up with what people are saying. In this case, the "Obama is like God" comment caught my attention. Generically speaking, God certainly doesn't bring all people together. In fact God and religion are fairly divisive concepts, but, alas, so is politics.

dworth said...

You are right in my estimation on all counts. You are wise to read the transcripts. I let the TV ramble on as I work in the kitchen or on the computer.