Sunday, October 19, 2008

Biden senses something...

Biden stated in a rally: "Undecided people are having a difficult time just culturally making the change, making the move for the first African American president in the history of the United States of America." Biden most certainly has access to the campaign's internal polling. I seem to sense that he is leaking something here, some concern that the polls are much, much closer than the major polls seem to be saying. This should not be surprising to conservatives. Conservative canditates have consistently underpolled in the past 30 years. The difference between the major polls and the actual election has been between 3% and as much as 15% (Reagon vs Mondale). In my mind, I think it is safe to tack on 3 points to any of McCain's polling or altervatively to subtract 3 points from Obama's polling. The difference may be greater.

3 comments:

dworth said...

If you add to that the Bradley factor, then perhaps that will make an even bigger difference. If so, if McCain wins, your hidden notion will be eclipsed and most will believe, especially African Americans, that the racist element came alive once America pulled the curtain of the voting booth. Not a good state of affairs.

Alan said...

I agree. I would not look good, but as I questioned on the family blog, "Why is it deemed racist if whites vote as a block like African Americans do? Are not African Americans behaving in a racist manner if voting in a block is a criterion of racism?"

dworth said...

I'll write my beliefs on that subject on the famblog.